M.T.U.D. HURRICANE PREPARATIONS AND RESPONSE
October 1 – 7, 2015
The Monroe Township Utility Department (M.T.U.D.) has Emergency Response Plans (ERP) in place for all types of emergency situations. We constantly review and practice these plans. Unfortunately, New Jersey has had to implement these plans several times in the past several years.
For Hurricane Joaquin preparations, M.T.U.D. has:
· Reviewed our ERP for Hurricane response
· Tapped off Fuel and Chemical Tanks
· Tested Generators
· Assigned Stand-by Staffing
· Will continually review Weather Forecasts
· Will respond as necessary to minimize impacts to water and sewer service disruptions
100 Percent of our Drinking Water wells and sewer pump stations have stand-by generators that will automatically operate in the event of a power failure.
M.T.U.D. asks our customers for patience in responding to individual calls should wide spread power outages occur within Monroe Township. M.T.U.D. will make every effort to answer your calls in an efficient and timely manner.
PUBLIC SAFETY COMMENTS
· Stay indoors if possible
· Stock up on essentials: water, food, medicines, portable radios, flashlights and batteries, important phone numbers…
· Stay clear of downed wires
· Stay clear of flooded streets
· Be patient
· Only call 9-1-1 for emergencies
Michael J. Barnes, Directo